There are many opportunities for your donation to be truly meaningful. Below is a short introduction to four among the numerous projects our Community is currently managing.
KINSHASA STREET CHILDREN
The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is a country with huge natural resources but ruined by conflict, bad governance, and corruption. More and more children find themselves on the street, left to their own devices. The Chemin Neuf community has various project to try and stop this problem:
- The “Street Children”: Ndako Ya Biso (which means “Our House” in Lingala). It is a centre whose first goal is to welcome the older young people, then the younger ones to readapt them to a social life and try to find their families. In recent years, a place has been opened for young girls (Bethany) to get them off the streets.
- The young street girls (Béthanie’s House), by providing a month of life for a young girl.
- The “street children” (Ndako Ya Biso) for boys, by taking charge of the reintegration of a young person: 159 £/per year/per child.
- The enrolment of a child in primary school: 79 £/per year/per child.
- The professional training of a young person: 197 £/per year/per young person.
Through your help, you participate fully in the education and well-being of these children.
The Chemin Neuf Community moved to the Priory of Our Lady of England, Storrington (30 km north-west of Brighton) in September 2013 , at the invitation of Norbertine Canons who left the Priory after more than 130 years of mission.
This guest and prayer house needs building work to bring it up to the required standard for the coming years. The estimated cost of the project is € 60,000 or £ 50,000.
Your donations will allow the Chemin Neuf Community to provide satisfactory accommodation to groups of adults and young people for Christian training.
The Chemin Neuf Community has been invited to live in Sclerder Abbey in 2015, after the departure of the Carmelite community. Since then, this house located in Cornwall has been hosting many groups for different kind of retreats.
The house needs a lot of work. Your donation will be used to refurbish the buildings.
For more than 40 years, Cana has been running sessions for couples and families in all parts of the world. The latest countries that have been welcoming Cana include India and China.
Thanks to your support, senior members of Cana can travel the world and share the amazing experience of Cana to couples worldwide.